Biomass Power Projects
Large Projects Bio-Mass Power
Punjab is predominantly rich in agriculture and contributes the major share to the grain basket of India. It has surplus production of major crops. It produces 25% of country's cotton, 22% of wheat and 55% of rice, even though it has only 1.5% of total country cultivable area. Punjab has been meeting its electrical power requirements primarily through conventional thermal and hydro power generation. Hydro power generation has a tendency to fluctuate depending on the availability of water. Thermal power generation has to depend on coal which has to be transported from eastern part of India involving large distances. Cost of generation from coal continuous to escalate and moreover it is polluting.
Biomass Power project has the following inherent advantages over thermal power generation :
- It is environmentally friendly because of relatively lower CO2 and particulate emissions
- It displaces fossil fuels such as coal
- It is a decentralised, load based means of generation, because it is produced and consumed locally, losses associated with transmission and distribution are reduced
- It offers employment opportunities to locals
- It has a low gestation period and low capital investment
- It helps in local revenue generation and upliftment of the rural population
- It is an established and commercially viable technology option.
- Punjab has substantial availability of Biomass / Agrowaste in the state is sufficient to produce about 1000 MW of electricity. PEDA has planned to develop some of the available potential talukas / tehsils with the aim to promote and install biomass / agro waste based projects.
BIOMASS POWER PROJECTS COMMISSIONED IN THE STATE BY PEDA :
BIOMASS POWER PROJECTS COMMISSIONED IN THE STATE BY PEDA : (62.5 MW)
|S.No||Name of the Company||SITE||CAPCITY||Month of Commissioning||Remarks|
|01||M/s Malwa Power Ltd.||Vill. Gulabewala, Distt. Mukatsar||6 MW||May, 2005||First project allocated by PEDA|
|02||M/s Dee Development Engineers Pvt. Ltd||Vill.GaddaDhob, Tehsil. Abohar Distt Ferozepur||8 MW||Feb., 2009||Project was allocated under Phase – II|
|03||M/s Universal Biomass Energy Pvt. Ltd.||Vill. ChannuTeh. Malout, Distt. Sri Mukatsar Sahib||14.5 MW||Oct., 2009||Project was allocated under Phase – III|
|04||M/s. Punjab Biomass Power Pvt. Ltd.||Distt. Patiala||12MW||June'2010||Project allocated by PSPCL|
|05||M/s. Green Planet Energy Pvt. Ltd.||Binjon, Distt. Hoshiarpur||6 MW||March'2012||Project was allocated under Phase – III|
|06||M/s. Green Planet Energy Pvt. Ltd.||Bir Pind, Distt. Jallandhar||6 MW||Feb. '2013||Project was allocated under Phase – III|
|07||M/s Viaton Energy Pvt. Ltd.||Khokhar Khurd Distt. Mansa||10 MW||July'2013||Project was allocated under Phase – III|
DETAIL OF BIO MASS PROJECTS UNDER IMPLEMENTATION
|S.No.||Name of the Company||Name of Site||Capacity (MW)||Project status|
M/s Green Planet Energy Pvt. Ltd.
Tehsil Garhshankar, Distt. Hoshiarpur
Tehsil Nakodar, Distt. Jalandhar
|3||Vill. Manuke Gill,
Tehsil Nihal Singh Wala,,Distt. Moga