Family Type Biogas Plants Programme
- District wise list of Biogas Plants F.Y. 2019-20
- List of Biogas Plants F.Y. 2015-16
- List of Biogas Plants F.Y. 2013-14
- List of Biogas Plants installed during F.Y. 2013-14
- List of Biogas Plants installed in 2012-13
- COMPLETE DISTRICT WISE LIST OF BIOGAS PLANT BENEFICIARIES FOR THE F.Y. 2011-12
- DISTRICT WISE LIST OF BIOGAS PLANT BENEFICIARIES FOR THE F.Y. 2011-12
- DISTRICT WISE LIST OF BIOGAS PLANT BENEFICIARIES FOR THE F.Y. 2010-11
- BENEFICIARIES OF BIOGAS PLANT SUBSIDY FOR THE YEAR 2009-2010
- LIST OF BIOGAS PLANTS INSTALLED - YEAR WISE PART-3
- LIST OF FAMILY SIZE BIOGAS PLANT INSTALLED DURING THE YEAR - 2009-10
- LIST OF BIOGAS PLANTS INSTALLED - YEARWISE - Part 1
- LIST OF BIOGAS PLANTS INSTALLED - YEARWISE Part 2
- List of biogas Sew district wise
National Biogas and Manure Management Programme
Introduction: Biogas is a clean and efficient fuel. Biogas is produced from Cattle Dung, Human Excreta and other organic matter in Biogas plant through a process called 'Digestion'. Biogas contains 55% to 60% methane which is inflammable. It also contains 30% to 35% carbon dioxide and traces of Nitrogen, Hydrogen and Water. Bio slurry which is bye product has manurial value than farm yard manure
- To provide fuel for cooking purposes and organic manure to rural households through family type biogas plants.
- To mitigate drudgery of rural women ,reduce pressure on forests and accentuate social benefits.
- To improve sanitation in villages by linking sanitary toilets with biogas plants.
|Potential and Achievement
A cumulative total of 1.16 Lakh family type biogas plants have been set up in the state of Punjab upto 31.3.2011 against estimated potential of 4.5 lakh plants.
Approved designs of family type biogas plants
|Size of plants, requirement of cattle dung and estimated cost|
Biogas can be used in a specially designed burner for cooking. A biogas plant of 2 cum. capacity is sufficient for providing cooking fuel to a family of 4 members.
Power Generation :
Biogas can be used to operate a dual fuel engine and can replace upto 80% of diesel.
Implementation Strategy :
This programme is being implemented with the active participation of Turnkey workers who have been trained by PAU, Ludhiana. The turnkey workers arrange a trained mason for installation of Biogas plants, helps the beneficiary for procuring good quality material which includes burners and other fittings required for the biogas plants. The turnkey worker got filled the application form of the beneficiary for informing the concerned field officer for starting the installation of Biogas plant. Then the beneficiary got installed the plant through trained mason under the supervision of turnkey worker and field officer of PEDA. After completion / commissioning of the biogas plant the application is submitted to Head Quarter of PEDA for release of permissible subsidy to beneficiaries and SEW charges to the concerned SEW. After sample checking from H.Q. level, the subsidy and SEW charges are released. The turnkey worker stands guaranteed for three years for successful operation of the biogasplant.
|Pattern of Central Financial Assistance for 2011-12|
(iii) Repair charges for old non-functional plants: Financial support is given up to a maximum of 50 per cent of the rate of Central subsidy as applicable for a given category of beneficiary and area for repair of plants, which have been
|LARGE CAPACITY BIOGAS PLANTS|
A large capacity biogas plant (New Modified PAU Janta Model Biogas Plant) has been developed by Punjab Agricultural University to cater the needs of dairy farmers. This, essentially, is a "Janta" design but of higher capacity. The gas-holder is hemispherical in shape and is structurally safe & crack-resistant. The construction of this type of plant is easy and is not very different from the method for the Deenbandhu Biogas Plant. The details of New Modified PAU Janta Model Biogas Plant are shown in figure- I and the dimensions of different sized biogas plants are shown in table 1. The capacity wise detail of different capacity of Biogas Plants for power generation is detailed as per table 2.
Large Capacity Fixed Dome Type Biogas Plants
The details of New Modified PAU Janta Model biogas plant is shown in Fig.1.