Eco-Niwas Samhita (ENS)
Bureau of Energy Efficiency, Ministry of Power, Govt. of India has launched ECBC for Residential Buildings (ECBC-R) named as Eco-Niwas Samhita (ENS) in December, 2018. It benefits the occupants and environment by promoting energy efficiency in design and construction of homes, apartments, townships, affordable housing etc. It is applicable to residential buildings with plot area greater than 500 m2 . Implementation of ENS in residential buildings can achieve saving potential of 125 billion units of electricity by 2030. Punjab has been selected as one of the states for implementation of ENS. It provides technical support to stakeholders in the design & construction of residential buildings.
Concept Note on Eco-Niwas Samhita 2018
Eco-Niwas Samhita (ECBC for Residential Buildings) in Punjab
- Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), Ministry of Power, Government of India has also launched Eco-NiwasSamhita (Energy Conservation Building Code for Residential Buildings) (Part:1 Building Envelope) in Dec. 2018 after ECBC 2017 (applicable for commercial building).
- ECBC-R has been prepared to set minimum building envelope performance standards to limit heat gains / loss as well as for ensuring natural ventilation and day-lighting potential. The code provides design flexibility to innovate and vary important envelope components to meet the compliance.
- The Code is applicable to all residential buildings and Residential parts of ‘Mixed land-use building projects’, both built on a plot area of ≥500 m2.
- Punjab state has been selected one of the five states i.e., Delhi, U.P, Punjab, Maharashtra, Karnataka where ENS Cell has been established by BEE in association with GIZ to provide technical assistance to stakeholders for implementation of ECBC in residential buildings (ENS).
- ENS Cell has been established with one architect and two engineers w.e.f 01.01.2020 for a period of one year for coordination with stakeholder departments, preparation of technical documents, providing technical support and guidance for implementation of ENS in upcoming / ongoing residential buildings in the state of Punjab
ENS Training Programmes in Punjab
For More Details, plz refer: BEE Website- www.beeindia.gov.in
Eco-Niwas Website- www.econiwas.com